These are for the benefit of your pet and other guests, please read carefully.
Posh Paws Cattery will take every effort to make your cats stay a happy one and we will look after your cat’s health and safety while you are away. All cats are boarded entirely at their owner’s risk. We reserve the right to refuse admission at any time without giving reason.
- Animals left at the Cattery for 14 days in excess of their planned departure date without any contact from their owner or representative will be classed as abandoned and removed from the premises to an official establishment for this purpose. Any outstanding boarding fees will be pursued in full.
2. Bedding & personal Items
- We are able to provide beds for cats. Should you wish to bring you own bedding this must be in a clean condition. Any bedding, toys and other comfort items are all left at your own risk.
- Please notify Posh Paws of any problems or undesirable behaviours your pet may have due to previous experiences. Any damage or extra cost incurred due to Posh Paws not being aware of these will be charged as necessary.
4. Cancellation and changes to bookings
- Any cancellations or changes must be made at least 7 days before date of arrival and confirmed in writing or by e-mail.
- Non-cancelled bookings will be liable for full payment.
5. Drop off & Collection
- All cats must be dropped off and collected during our normal opening hours.
- During the Festive & New Year period there is no pick up or drop offs on the 25th and 26th December and the 1st January.
- You must transport your cat in a suitable secure pet carrier. Do not carry your cat in your arms or any old box. They are very unpredictable and easily spooked so may run off at any given time.
- All cats will be examined upon arrival and are accepted into our care on the understanding that they are in good health, and that any health problems are communicated to us prior to admittance, so that we may make an informed decision as to the suitability of the cat for boarding. We reserve the right to refuse admission to any cat appearing to be unwell or thought to be suffering from any illness or infectious disease.
- All collars are to be removed when your cat boards at Posh Paws so as to reduce the risk of injury.
- Posh Paws takes every precaution to ensure the health, safety and happiness of all its guests. We will take immediate action if a guest appears unwell either by consulting Pool House Vets or by phoning your own vet for advice.
- You must make Posh Paws aware of any existing medical conditions your pet may have.
- Any Medication that requires to be administered during your cats stay must be written down clearly. Posh Paws accepts no liability for the storage of medication.
- If in the unfortunate and sad event that the cat should die whilst staying at Posh Paws the owner or owners contact person will be notified. The cat (unless otherwise instructed by the owners) will be taken to Pool House Vets surgery for the appropriate safe storage until the owners return.
- If your cat has an existing medical condition, any medical or special dietary needs, they should be declared or supplied with clear written instructions. Any change of diets must be notified at least (if possible) seven days before arrival day. There are NO extra charges for heating and NO add-on fees for the administering of tablets, ear drops, injections, etc.
- Payment is required in full before your cat leaves the premises. Posh Paws currently accepts cash, cheques, credit and debit cards as methods of payment. (If payment is made by cheque and the cheque does not clear an admin charge of £30 will be charged)
- Posh Paws Cattery reserve the right to hold the cat until full payment is received and the extra days will be chargeable at the normal rate.
- For long term boarding (one month or more), interim payments are to be agreed at the time of booking.
- If in the event of a cancellation of a confirmed booking (in part or full period) the full charge will be due if less than two days-notice is given prior to the start of boarding. You may be able to recover this charge through your holiday cancellation insurance where applicable.
- If you decide to pick up your cat earlier than the planned date of collection you will be charged for the full duration of the booking.
- For new customers we request a £25 non-refundable deposit.
- There is a minimum charge of £25.
- Posh Paws will occasionally take pictures of the Cattery and our guests to use for promotional purposes and to update our customers on how their cats are getting on.
- Posh Paws reserves the right in perpetuity to use these images without cost. These images may be published online on our website or via social media sites or in print.
- Cats from the same household can share a unit, however if it is felt necessary to split the animals due to concerns by the Cattery staff, the additional cost will be met by the cat owner.
- All cats are only accepted with up-to-date vaccination records. A copy of these must be presented on or before arrival.
- Cats must be fully inoculated against Feline infectious enteritis and cat flu, and must have had a booster injection within the previous twelve months.
- We regret that we will not be able to accept un-neutered male cats over the age of eight months.
- All cats should be treated for worms and fleas prior to boarding. Any cat found to have fleas or worms after admission will be treated by us and the cost of treatment will be added to the boarding fees.
- Posh Paws cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage to vehicles or property, howsoever caused, whilst on the premises.